Thursday, February 17, 2011

I want to get Braden...

Tonight while finishing Sadie's smiley face chart with her for the week, we figured out that she had gotten enough smiley faces for her reward this week. The conversation went like this:

Me: "Count your smiley faces, Sadie."

Sadie: "One, two, three.....sixteen, eighteen, seventeen, nineteen!!" (out of order, but ended on the right number)

Me: "You got 19!! Is 19 more than 17?" (17 was the goal)

Sadie: "Yes!! We get to go to Toys R Us when I wake up to pick out a new toy!"

Me: "Yep, you do!! Good job, Sis! I'm so proud of you."

Sadie: "Mommy, when we go to Babies R Us tomorrow when I wake up, I want to pick out a water gun for Braden. Because I have a water gun but he doesn't have one."

Me: (fighting back tears) "Sadie, that is so nice of you to want to pick out something for B!!"

Oh my goodness, this girl never ceases to amaze me!! I love her and hope she holds on to her sweetness for forever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment