Saturday, February 12, 2011

I Don't Have Hands

Sadie's room was seriously disastrous the other day. Toys everywhere. The conversation went like this:

Me: "Sadie, you need to help me pick up your toys."

Sadie: "Why?"

Me: "Because it is so messy in here that you can't even walk through your room and that's not how we want to keep things." (Too much information for a 3 1/2 year old, I know. That's how I roll. Always giving more information than necessary.)

Sadie: (As she's literally sitting on her hands watching ME pick up the toys) "But I don't have any hands."

Me: "Oh, I guess that means you can't play with your toys either because if you don't have hands to help pick up, that must mean you don't have hands to play with toys either".

Sadie: (Brief pause) "I do have hands. I just don't want to pick up my toys."

Me: (unspoken thoughts) "Ahhh, so the truth comes out!! I hope it's always this easy to get to the bottom of things with The Girl!"

No comments:

Post a Comment