Saturday, August 7, 2010

Do I Have 5 Minutes?

I was talking to my mom on the phone the other day and I was needing to let her go because it was almost naptime. Not wanting Sadie to pick up on that fact (to try to avoid a fit), I decided to spell what was impending. The conversation went like this:

Me: "Okay, Mom, I'm gonna have to let you go. (Spelling) S-A-D-I-E needs to N-A-P."

Sadie: "Momma, do I have 5 minutes?"

Well, in trying to avoid a situation, I figured out that my little girl can now understand the spelling of her name and nap. I want a smart child, I really do, but geesh - can't I just have a simple conversation anymore?? :D

1 comment:

  1. Your baby can read worked for Sadie.LOL Who needs your baby can SPELL. I love it. This post was the funniest ever. Miss and love ya'll. Dad and Papa.

    ReplyDelete