Thursday, June 24, 2010

Trash Can Truck

Wednesday is trash day at our house. On Wednesday this is how the conversation went...

Sadie: "Mama, is that the trash can truck outside?"

Me: "Yes it is."

Sadie: "What is that man's name in the truck?"

Me: "I don't know."

Sadie: "Can I ride in the trash can truck sometime with that man?"

Me: "No, I don't think so."

Sadie: "Yes I can. When I get bigger I can."

Me: (not quite knowing how to respond without offending trash can truck drivers and not to put any stereotypes into Sadie's mind) "No...no, honey, I don't think so. We, uh, well, just no."

Sadie: "Yes I can. You can't come with me. Mimi will come on the airplane and she will come with me."

Me: "Okay, we'll let Mimi take you."

She has learned the old addage - when Mama says "no", just ask Mimi! (I wonder what Mimi will tell her.)

1 comment:

  1. That is tooo funny. And if MIMI tells her no. There is ALWAYS PAPA. Right?lol

    ReplyDelete